Effective Communication for Specific Professional Contexts and International Mobility: The Quality Dimension
Conference, 14.10.2016 , Iasi, Romania
Institutional and individual strategic planning and a growing interest in multilingual and pluricultural education reflect trends in professional and academic contexts both at national and European level. This goes hand in hand with increased social responsibility and a preoccupation for enhanced quality in education. The event will provide a forum for professional sharing and interdisciplinary exchanges of experience. Conference languages: EN, FR, DE, RO. The main topic areas include:
• Professional communication in a lingua franca: challenge or opportunity?
• Teacher/trainer development in vocational contexts
• The social responsibility of education and educators
• The innovative dimension of higher/adult education – European frameworks of language teacher competences (the Eaquals framework, EPG, ECML projects)
• Terminology and discourse studies for/in LSP courses
• Medical communication - the intercultural and multilingual dimensions: the European “MedLang” MOOC (Project 2014-1-RO01-KA203-002940)
• International mobility – factors contributing to a successful experience: insights gained through the EU Horizon 2020 “MOVE” Project (Grant No. 649263)
VENUE: Iasi (Show on map)
TARGET GROUPS: Adults (in general), Business and commerce, Language experts, Language learners, Language teachers, Media, Members of migrant communities / Speakers of minority or regional language(s), Participants in adult education programmes, Policy deciders/politicians at national, regional or local level, Researchers, Students, Young people (in general)
ORGANISER: QUEST Romania - The Romanian Association for Quality Language Services; EuroEd Foundation, Iasi; "Gr.T.Popa" University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi.
ADDRESS: Str. Universitatii nr. 16, 700115 Iasi, Romania
CONTACT NAME: Anca Colibaba